Forgotten your password?

Past Vintages

Tasting Note 2019 Leconfield Coonawarra La Sevillana Rosé.pdf
Tasting Note 2018 Leconfield Coonawarra Rosé.pdf

Technical Data

Region: Coonawarra 
Variety: Merlot
Alcohol: 13%
Vine Age: 1982-1999
Sugar at Picking: 13.1° Baumé
PH:   3.33
Acidity:   6 gms/litre
Residual Sugar: 2.31 gms/litre
Malolactic:   Partial 25%
Yeast Type:   Saccharomyces cerevisiae and natural yeast
Leconfield Coonawrra Rose 2018_web.jpg

2019 Leconfield 'La Sevillana' Coonawarra Rosé

$26.00

COLOUR: Pale light blush pink
 
BOUQUET: Fresh rose petal fragrance with strawberry and melon.
 
PALATE: This is an elegant yet flavoursome wine made in a dry style but with round mouthfeel. It finishes clean and crisp.
 
FOOD SUGGESTIONS: Our rosé can be enjoyed chilled as an aperitif, perfect on a warm relaxed afternoon. Food wise, it will match any dish that would normally be served with a white wine. Try it with Thai green chicken curry.
 
CELLARING POTENTIAL: This is a perfect wine to be served in its first year or two while still young and fresh.
 
BACKGROUND INFORMATION: The Leconfield Coonawarra estate was established in 1974 by one of Australia’s most talented winemakers, Sydney Hamilton. During the four decades to follow, the vineyard has become famous for the distinctive wines it produces. Our Rosé is a recent inclusion to our range. We have named the wine La Sevillana after the roses which feature extensively in our vineyards. Noted for its elegant fragrance, and suitability as a hedge, this floribunda rose provides orange-red flowers for an extensive period of the year.
 
WINEMAKING NOTES: We wanted to capture the elegance of Merlot in this wine through cool night harvesting. No pressing was used in the extracting of juice, producing a lightly coloured and elegant wine. 75% of the juice was treated as an aromatic white - cold settled, racked with low solids and cold fermented using an aromatic yeast. The other 25% was fermented with whole solids and natural yeast at a warmer temperature, then allowed to partially undergo malo-lactic fermentation to promote mouthfeel and length. The wine was stored on light lees, then received a light fining before stabilising, filtration and bottling in July 2019.
 
VINTAGE CONDITIONS: Coonawarra had an excellent vintage in 2019. Above average rainfall in winter, November and December provided the moisture needed to sustain the vines through what was otherwise a much drier than average growing and ripening season. Above average temperatures in late February and early March saw veraison complete and set the course for even ripening leading up to vintage. Harvest dates were in line with long term averages with whites ready in mid-March and reds from late March to mid-April. Fruit flavour is a stand out with good natural soft acidity in Riesling and Chardonnay and medium to full body in reds which show both power and elegance. 

< Back to Leconfield